After a long winter, you’re itching to enjoy the warmer weather and sunshine, which also means you’re ready to get started with deep house cleaning. We’ve put together this deep house cleaning checklist to help you stay on track, so you feel ready for the season ahead:
- Wipe down all your walls and even your ceilings. Start by using a vacuum to remove dust, and then use a solvent-free degreaser to get rid of grime, fingerprints, and other spots.
- Dust thoroughly in every room of your home. This should include your blinds and your ceiling fans.
- Take your rugs outside and shake them out to remove dust and dirt. If necessary, shampoo them to get rid of stains and spots.
- If you have any upholstered furniture, use the special attachment on your vacuum to get rid of dirt and dust. Consider having a professional come in and shampoo these pieces as well.
- Take down your curtains and wash or dry clean them before hanging them back up.
- Wipe down all the doors and fixtures in your home. If there are any fixtures that need to be polished, now’s a good time to do it.
- Wax and polish your wood furniture. If you have wood floors, wax and polish them as well.
Deep house cleaning in the spring, while well worth it, can be time-consuming. If you want to skip any or all of these steps, give us a call at Let Us Clean and we can help you out!