If you have been considering hiring a professional house cleaner to help keep your home more organized and sanitary, there are a few things you should consider.
- Ask for Referrals. Ask your friends and neighbours who they have used in the past or present and why they were a satisfied customer. Word-of-mouth referrals are one of the safest ways to find a reliable house cleaner.
- Are They Insured? You are taking a risk if you let a house cleaner into your home without an insurance policy. This protects both parties. Hopefully, you will never need it, but there is always a chance that something could get broken or damaged. Before signing an agreement, be sure to review the policy so you know what is covered.
- Does the Company Do Background Checks? Drug testing and background checks are a must before allowing a stranger into your private space.
- What Do You Want Done? The best way to ensure that you are a satisfied customer is to communicate exactly what you want or need done. Make a list and figure out how often you would like a house cleaner to come. Is once a month sufficient or would you like a weekly visit? Set boundaries and expectations from the first visit.
- Are You Comfortable with a Different Person Each Visit? If you want to have the same house cleaner each time, you may want to look for a small, local company so that you can make that request. Larger companies are likely to have more turnover and a less personal feel and you may have a different cleaner each visit.
- Method of Payment. Will you pay by the hour or a flat fee? A larger company may already have their policies in place and may not be as flexible as a smaller business.
House cleaners can help take a big burden off your shoulders. If you are ready to simplify your life and have a cleaner home, please give us a call at Let Us Clean today!